Please Note: This FAQ has not been updated for our 2019 Festival.
- How much does it cost to attend the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? The early-bird price is $75 and includes both concerts, all the workshops, open mic, and jams. After February 1st, the regular price of the festival is $100.
- There is an optional dining package ($50.00) which includes hors d'oeuvres Friday night, three meals on Saturday, and brunch on Sunday morning. This can be purchased as part of a bundled registration option, or separately later on.
- We have limited on-site hostel-style lodging available for (Friday & Saturday). More information on our Lodging options here.
- We are again offering a limited number of Saturday-Only passes for $50. These will go on sale in February.
- For beginners, or anyone just dipping their toes, we are offering a series of Beginner Workshops to get you started! Includes the Saturday evening concert, all for $15.
- Where is the Soirée being held? The 2018 Soiree will be held at the Laurel Lodge on the Hemlock Estates in Duncansville PA, just outside of Altoona.
- How and when do I register? Registraion opens November 13th! You will fill out the form and will be redirected to our ticketing partner. You can pay for your registration and any add-on packages or items you want.
- Will there be any on-site registration? No. This year we are requiring all attendees to register in advance.
- Can I take just one or two workshops? You are welcome to take as many workshops as you see fit to take. If you take one workshop in each timeslot, you will be able to fit in at least 6 workshops. That said, we have a lot of other fun things running concurrently, so feel free to skip a timeslot if you don't see a workshop that suits your fancy!
- Is there a limit to the total number of registrants? Yes, 150. We simply do not have the capacity at our current facility to host more than that.
- What ages and level of players can participate? The Soirée is geared to players of age 13 and up of all skill levels.
- Can my non-player partner/friend attend? Unfortunately we were not able arrange for a non-player rate this year. Your partner is of course welcome to come, but they will have to pay full price. As an alternative, we are offering stand-alone concert tickets each night - so your partner/friend can join you at the concert! These tickets will go on sale in February.
- Can I get extra concert tickets? Yes! Beginning in February, we will offer a limited number of stand-alone concert tickets for both the Saturday & Friday evening concerts.
UPDATE (2/1/18): Due to the likeylhood of selling out this year, we will not be releasing concert tickets, if at all, until closer to April.
- I don’t know how to play yet but I want to learn. Is it worth it for me to come to the Allegheny Ukulele Soirée? Yes! There will be several beginner and skill-neutral workshops where you can get started with the ukulele. You'll also get to see and hear talented musicians that will inspire you to reach the heights of your musical abilities. And you can meet and get to know other players who share your passion for the ukulele! Ukuleles will also be available for purchase from one of our fine vendors to get you started on your journey.
- Can I make donations to the Allegheny Ukulele Kollective? Of course! All donations made to us benefits our uke club and helps us bring in guest artists and instructors throughout the year, as well as helping us run our annual uke festival. Donations of any amount are accepted. There will be a donations jar at the registration table if you're inclined to help the club out.
- Will there be food to purchase at the Soirée? We have arranged for a dining package this year so you don't need to leave the festival site at all during regular programming. That said, you are welcome to bring your own food or to leave to visit one of the many restaraunts within a short drive of the Lodge.
- Is the Laurel Lodge handicap-accessible? With some inconvenience, yes. The classrooms are on two different levels but there is no internal ramp access between them. There is an external ramp which allows you to move between levels. Unfortunately there is no elevator to the 2nd floor where the lodging rooms are.
- I am interested in staying on-site. Are there any private rooms available? Unfortunately, no. All available rooms are hostel-style bunk rooms which can sleep 4-5 people. That said, if you really want a private room, you are welcome to rent an entire room yourself!
- Is there WIFI available? No, there is no WIFI available at the Laurel Lodge. And for that matter, cell service tends to be spotty. Since we're located on the side of a mountain, think of it as a retreat into all things ukulele!
- Will there be printed copies of the workshop handouts? Starting in 2018, all workshop handouts will be emailed to our attendees electronically, and it will be the responsibility of each person to print (or bring along) the needed materials to the appropriate workshops.